Knowledge and Resources
Resources that support the work of IPS partners and others interested in immigration issues. Here you will find articles, reports, policy papers, educational materials, and useful links, as well as our Newsletter and highlights of the IPS Settlement and Immigration Forum. Current trends and issues on various aspects of settlement, immigration and integration of newcomers are covered. Community coalitions, initiatives and activities that act as a catalyst to reflection, discussion, and facilitate best practices will be showcased here.
Facts and Resources are Saskatoon-specific research and initiatives with an effort to incorporate a broader spectre of both provincial and national stance. If you are aware of a recent study or publication on immigration issues in Saskatoon and would like to share it with the community, please contact the LIP Coordinator.
Newcomer and Integration
- 2018 Newcomer Needs Assessment – Insightrix.
- Community Assets and Gaps Mapping 2018.
- Sport for Life for All Newcomers to Canada. Creating Inclusion of Newcomers in Sport and Physical Activity (2018).
- Developing a Local Immigration Partnership for Saskatoon Community (2017).
- Immigration in Saskatoon: Moving Forward City of Saskatoon; On Purpose Leadership (2014).
- Capacity for Newcomer Settlement and Integration in Saskatoon: Taking Stock and Taking Action Joe Garcea (2013).
- Cultural Diversity, Race Relations, Immigration and Integration in Saskatoon: The Process of Developing Institutional Arrangements Joe Garcea; Smita Garg (2009).
- Building Saskatoon to Become a Global City: A Framework for an Immigration Action Plan Joe Garcea; Ken Pontikes (2006).
- Saskatoon’s Initial Strategic Initiatives in Immigration.
- Community Forum Report (2018).
City of Saskatoon
- Kitaskinaw: An Environmental Scan of Programs and Services Serving Aboriginal People in Saskatoon. City of Saskatoon; Gabriel Dumont Institute; United Way Saskatoon and Area; Saskatoon Tribal Council (2013)
- Dialogues between First Nations, Urban Aboriginal and Immigrant Communities in Vancouver. City of Vancouver (2010).
Benefits of Newcomers to Canada
Saskatoon Immigration Fact Sheets
- Saskatoon Immigration Profile 2006 – 2011.
- Immigrant Arrivals 2015.
- Population and Family Composition (2015).
- Language, Interpretation, and Translation (2015).
- Employmeny, Education, and Income (2015).
- Health Status of Immigrants (2015).
For more immigration data in Saskatoon, check the 2016 Census Bulletins and the previous 2011 National Household Survey and Census Bulletins
IPS Reports, Research, Quick Guides, Briefing Notes
- Saskatoon Newcomer Needs Assessment (2018).
- Saskatoon Community Assets and Gaps Mapping (2018).
- 2018 Newcomer Settlement and Integration Forum.
Dialogues between First Nations, Urban Aboriginal and Immigrant Communities in Vancouver. City of Vancouver (2010).
Recent Stats Canada Releases
- Health Reports: Healthy immigrant effect by immigrant category in Canada
- The Wealth of Immigrant Families in Canada
- Longitudinal Immigration Database enhancements: Preliminary 2017 wages and salaries data, settlement services data and family income of children data
- Immigrant Entrepreneurs as Job Creators: The Case of Canada Private Incorporated Companies